The United Nations Correspondents Association held a press briefing with nuclear experts on the Growing Nuclear Dangers and Prospects for the UN High Level Conference on Nuclear Disarmament, on March 28th in the UNCA briefing room.
– John Burroughs, Executive Director of Lawyers Committee on Nuclear Policy (LCNP) and Director of the United Nations Office of the International Association of Lawyers Against Nuclear Arms (IALANA)
– Jackie Cabasso, Executive Director of Western States Legal Foundation (a member of IALANA), USA Coordinator for Mayors for Peace, and founding member of the Abolition 2000 Global Network to Eliminate Nuclear Weapons
– Holger Güssefeld, Special Projects Manager, World Future Council
– Gene Seidman, Project Manager, Count the Nuclear Weapons Money campaign
– Alyn Ware, Global Coordinator, Parliamentarians for Nuclear NonProliferation and Disarmament, and convener of UNFOLD ZERO, the global coalition coordinating civil society support for the 2018 UN High-Level Conference.
View the MEDIA ADVISORY for details.
Join us on Wed 22 Sept in "Diplomatic Avenue" @AlArabiya at 12:03 EST for a 22 minutes exclusive LIVE interview w/ Iraq Foreign Minster @FouadHussein1 on the margins of #UNGA76 We will discuss with Iraq's 1st diplomat many pressing & sensitive issues that effect the Iraqi nation twitter.com/TalalAlhaj/sta…
إنضموا الينا اليوم في الشارع الديبلوماسي @AlArabiya الساعة 19:03 مساء بتوقيت #العراق و #السعودية، لمتابعة لقاء حصري مطول ومباشر مع وزير خارجية #العراق د. فؤاد حسين على هامش أعمال الجمعية العامة #UNGA76. وسنثير معه وبالدرجة الاولى قضايا تتعلق بالسياسة الخارجية للعراق، وملفات أخرى! pic.twitter.com/NAPv8sSgDD— Talal Al-Haj (@TalalAlhaj) September 22, 2021
On Sep 15, Secretary-General received communication from the Afghan mission to UN signed by Permanent Representative Ghulam Isaczai. The 2 communications have been sent to the Credentials Committee which will decide who sits at Afghanistan's seat at the United Nations. @PTI_News twitter.com/Yoshita_Singh/…
The Taliban letter dated Sep 20 is signed by Ameer Khan Muttaqi as Minister of Foreign Affairs. It says mission of the Permanent Representative is considered over & a new Permanent Representative, Mohammad Suhail Shaheen, is nominated. @PTI_News https://t.co/WhXGyuuVxi— Yoshita Singh योषिता सिंह (@Yoshita_Singh) September 22, 2021
The Taliban letter dated Sep 20 is signed by Ameer Khan Muttaqi as Minister of Foreign Affairs. It says mission of the Permanent Representative is considered over & a new Permanent Representative, Mohammad Suhail Shaheen, is nominated. @PTI_News twitter.com/Yoshita_Singh/…
#BREAKING: The Taliban have written to @UN Secretary General @antonioguterres asking to participate in the high-level 76th session of the UN General Assembly & have nominated their Doha-based spokesman Suhail Shaheen as Afghanistan's new envoy at the United Nations. @PTI_News— Yoshita Singh योषिता सिंह (@Yoshita_Singh) September 21, 2021
#UN Secretary General @antonioguterres welcomes the announcement made by #China’s President Xi:“Accelerating the global phase out of #coal is the single most important step to keep the 1.5-degree goal of the ParisAgreement within reach” #UNGA76 twitter.com/karlmathiesen/…
BREAK: Xi Jinping says China will stop building coal plants overseas. This almost completely ends the international finance of coal in a single sentence.— Karl Mathiesen (@KarlMathiesen) September 21, 2021