The United Nations Correspondents Association held a press briefing with nuclear experts on the Growing Nuclear Dangers and Prospects for the UN High Level Conference on Nuclear Disarmament, on March 28th in the UNCA briefing room.
– John Burroughs, Executive Director of Lawyers Committee on Nuclear Policy (LCNP) and Director of the United Nations Office of the International Association of Lawyers Against Nuclear Arms (IALANA)
– Jackie Cabasso, Executive Director of Western States Legal Foundation (a member of IALANA), USA Coordinator for Mayors for Peace, and founding member of the Abolition 2000 Global Network to Eliminate Nuclear Weapons
– Holger Güssefeld, Special Projects Manager, World Future Council
– Gene Seidman, Project Manager, Count the Nuclear Weapons Money campaign
– Alyn Ware, Global Coordinator, Parliamentarians for Nuclear NonProliferation and Disarmament, and convener of UNFOLD ZERO, the global coalition coordinating civil society support for the 2018 UN High-Level Conference.
View the MEDIA ADVISORY for details.
Have this confirmed by a source close to the whips office. They are heading back to SW1. Source tells me it must now be likely that confidence vote happening. “Got to be close if not there already” https://t.co/K1RW4Jz77O— Beth Rigby (@BethRigby) November 16, 2018
& trip to Sweden twitter.com/AkshayaSays/st…
To be fair, they've also gone down to Washington DC for lunch at the White House organized by @USUN in January 2018, and stopped by Kuwait City during a trip organized by @KuwaitMissionUN (4/7) pic.twitter.com/pICamt843A— Akshaya Kumar (@AkshayaSays) November 15, 2018
Being called Security Council tourism. twitter.com/AkshayaSays/st…
Beijing, which currently holds the rotating presidency of the Council, has planned the trip to showcase the cities of Shenzhen and Guangzhou & to spotlight its contributions to UN peacekeeping around the world.— Akshaya Kumar (@AkshayaSays) November 15, 2018
Such glitzy destinations are a far cry from usual UNSC trips (2/7) pic.twitter.com/RRGmzcNIc9