The United Nations Correspondents Association held a press briefing with nuclear experts on the Growing Nuclear Dangers and Prospects for the UN High Level Conference on Nuclear Disarmament, on March 28th in the UNCA briefing room.
– John Burroughs, Executive Director of Lawyers Committee on Nuclear Policy (LCNP) and Director of the United Nations Office of the International Association of Lawyers Against Nuclear Arms (IALANA)
– Jackie Cabasso, Executive Director of Western States Legal Foundation (a member of IALANA), USA Coordinator for Mayors for Peace, and founding member of the Abolition 2000 Global Network to Eliminate Nuclear Weapons
– Holger Güssefeld, Special Projects Manager, World Future Council
– Gene Seidman, Project Manager, Count the Nuclear Weapons Money campaign
– Alyn Ware, Global Coordinator, Parliamentarians for Nuclear NonProliferation and Disarmament, and convener of UNFOLD ZERO, the global coalition coordinating civil society support for the 2018 UN High-Level Conference.
View the MEDIA ADVISORY for details.
Already in them - it was the also date the British parliament passed the Stamp Act levying taxes on its American colonies. That didn’t turn out so well..... twitter.com/beschlossdc/st…
And so March 22, 2019, turns out to be the date that will go into history books.— Michael Beschloss (@BeschlossDC) March 22, 2019
The next steps are up to Attorney General Barr, and we look forward to the process taking its course. The White House has not received or been briefed on the Special Counsel’s report.— Sarah Sanders (@PressSec) March 22, 2019
Attorney General Barr says he may be in a position to advise congressional committees of Mueller's principal conclusions from the investigation as soon as this weekend. That’s quicker than many anticipated. #MuellerReport #muellertime twitter.com/nickbryantny/s…