The United Nations Correspondents Association held a press briefing with nuclear experts on the Growing Nuclear Dangers and Prospects for the UN High Level Conference on Nuclear Disarmament, on March 28th in the UNCA briefing room.
– John Burroughs, Executive Director of Lawyers Committee on Nuclear Policy (LCNP) and Director of the United Nations Office of the International Association of Lawyers Against Nuclear Arms (IALANA)
– Jackie Cabasso, Executive Director of Western States Legal Foundation (a member of IALANA), USA Coordinator for Mayors for Peace, and founding member of the Abolition 2000 Global Network to Eliminate Nuclear Weapons
– Holger Güssefeld, Special Projects Manager, World Future Council
– Gene Seidman, Project Manager, Count the Nuclear Weapons Money campaign
– Alyn Ware, Global Coordinator, Parliamentarians for Nuclear NonProliferation and Disarmament, and convener of UNFOLD ZERO, the global coalition coordinating civil society support for the 2018 UN High-Level Conference.
View the MEDIA ADVISORY for details.
Sure took a while. The #Douma #Syria attack occurred on April 7. That’s 14 days ago. Journalists managed to get in without being shot at. But for some reason the @OPCW received special treatment... twitter.com/gebeilym/statu…
Plus a special Changing of the guard at BP, gun salutes in Hyde Park and a concert tonight...It’s good to be the Queen!!! 🥂🎂 twitter.com/toweroflondon/…
Today at 1pm there will be a 62-round gun salute to mark HM The Queen's birthday 🎂 As well as the usual 21 rounds for a royal anniversary, an extra 20 are fired as the Tower is a royal palace and fortress, and a further 21 for the City of London. pic.twitter.com/ETRfVBDH4C— The Tower of London (@TowerOfLondon) April 21, 2018
Strong @UN statement here. So far 35 #Gazans killed by #Israel forces in recent weeks. Unjustified excessive use of force against protesters needs to stop. reuters.com/article/us-isr… twitter.com/nmladenov/stat…
🔴 It is OUTRAGEOUS to shoot at children! How does the killing of a child in #Gaza today help #peace? It doesn’t! It fuels anger and breeds more killing. #Children must be protected from #violence, not exposed to it, not killed! This tragic incident must be investigated.— Nickolay E. MLADENOV (@nmladenov) April 20, 2018